BROOKVILLE — The Brookville Area School Board will be under new leadership for the coming year. During the board’s annual reorganizational meeting held Monday night, Don Gill was elected unanimously to serve as president of the board for the coming year. Also elected unanimously was Dr. Fred Park, who will serve as vice president.
Prior to the election of officers business administrator Ellen Neyman reported that the Jefferson County Board of Elections has certified the election of six members of the board. Elected to two-year terms were Frank Bartley and Melinda Hall. Elected to four-year terms were Roberta Ganoe, John Pozza, Carol Schindler and Chase Shick.
The newly-elected members were given their oath of office by Kerith Strano-Taylor, who served as acting president during the elections.
Later in the evening, during the regular board meeting, action was tabled on the resignation of board member Chase Shick. Resigning because he has accepted employment outside the area, Shick will submit his letter of resignation in January.
Park chaired the remainder of the meeting in the absence of Gill.
The board set the third Monday of each month as the regular meeting time for the school board. Meetings will be held January 15, February 19, March 19, April 16, May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20, September 17, October 15 and November 19.
Work sessions will be held the second Monday of each month, with no sessions to be held in July or December. Work sessions will be held January 8, February 12, March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, August 13, September 10, October 8 and November 12.
The December board meeting will be held December 3, immediately following the annual reorganizational meeting.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. in the LGI room at Hickory Grove Elementary School.
Several appointments to other boards were also approved during the meeting.
• Frank Bartley will continue to serve as the board PSBA liaison.
• Roberta Ganoe was appointed to serve as the board’s representative to Jeff Tech. She will fill the term of Carol Schindler, who has stepped down due to a change in her work schedule, serving until December 2020.
• Don Gill was appointed to serve as the alternate representative to Jeff Tech for the next three years.
Ganoe has been the alternate for the past three years.
• John Pozza was appointed to serve as the board representative to the Raider Scholastic Foundation. He had been filling the unexpired term of Marjorie McKnight.
• Pozza was also appointed to be the board’s representative to the IU6 board. He will fill the unexpired term of Kerith Strano-Taylor, who has resigned that position.
Established as working committees for the coming year were the security and transportation committees. Board members who are interested in serving on either of the committees are to contact the president.
Following the reorganizational meeting the board held its regular meeting.