DuBOIS — A familiar face will now be the director of special education in the DuBois Area School District.
Bob Kriner, a special education supervisor in the district, will take over as special education director on March 13.
Directors approved the hiring at this month’s meeting. Kriner’s salary will be $95,521.17.
Kriner will replace William Ferko II, who is retiring March 12.
Other hirings included:
- Danielle Shindledecker as a cafeteria aide at C.G. Johnson Elementary, Reynoldsville, effective on or after Feb. 26. This is in addition to her current position as a paraprofessional — bus aide.
- Mary Baummer was hired as a part-time paraprofessional (child specific aide) at Wasson Elementary, on an as-needed basis, effective on or after Feb. 26, through the remainder of the year.
- Stephanie Graham was hired for the extra-duty position of assistant for track (seventh- and eighth-grade) for interscholastic spring sports for the 2017-18 school year, as per contract.
- Joe Sensor was hired for the extra-duty position of lights/sound for the 2017-18 All-School Drama, as per contract.
- Catherine McGarvey’s status was changed from short-term substitute math instructor at the middle school to a long-term substitute math instructor at the middle school, effective Feb. 9.