District Judge Patrick N. Ford of DuBois presided over preliminary hearings and other proceedings May 10.
The following defendants waived their rights to preliminary hearings. Their cases will be sent to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Douglas C. Cornely, 55, DuBois, who is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances and two summary traffic violations. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
- David E. Olewinski, 50, DuBois, who is charged with possession of a controlled substance and public drunkenness. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
Guilty pleas entered
The following individuals entered guilty pleas:
- Elizabeth L. Miller, 25, Clearfield, pleaded guilty to summary counts of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. She must pay a total of $268.25 in fines and costs. A charge of possession of drug paraphernalia was withdrawn.
- Timothy D. Charles, 55, DuBois, pleaded guilty theft by unlawful taking. He must pay a total of $480.75 in fines and costs. A charge of receiving stolen property was withdrawn.
Held for court
As a result of a preliminary hearing, sufficient evidence was established to send the following case to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Jeremy D. Sedor, 42, Sykesville, who is charged with a misdemeanor count of indecent assault without consent of other and a summary count of harassment. Unsecured bail was set at $5,000.
Bench warrant issued
- Barbara J. Trunzo, 41, no address available, failed to appear for her preliminary hearing and a bench warrant was issued. She is charged with a felony count of flight to avoid apprehension/trial.