District Judge Patrick N. Ford of DuBois presided over preliminary hearings and other proceedings Dec. 21.
The following defendants waived their rights to preliminary hearings. Their cases will be sent to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Raymond M. Nestlerode, 36, Woodland, who is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance and several summary traffic violations. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
- Brittany M. Llewellyn, 27, Rockton, who is charged with DUI and a summary traffic violation. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
- Cameron A. Bortz, 18, DuBois, who is charged with assault and harassment. Unsecured bail was set at $5,000.
- Tristan B. Snyder, 21, an inmate at the state correctional facility in Chester, who is charged with misdemeanor counts of “inmate procure etc self with weapon” and use/possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Michael C. Burton, 59, Sykesville, who is charged with misdemeanor counts of accidents involving death or personal injury, accidents involving death or personal injury while not properly licensed, and summary counts of driving without a license, driving while operating privilege is suspended or revoked, following too closely, careless driving, duty to give information and render aid and failure to give immediate notice of accident to police department. Unsecured bail was set at $5,000.
Guilty plea entered
The following individual entered a guilty plea:
- Samantha L. Sherretz, 32, Penfield, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of theft by unlawful taking. She must pay $479.25 in fines and costs plus $90 in restitution and serve one year probation.
- Charges of assault and harassment against Christian A. Taylor, 25, DuBois, were withdrawn.