DuBOIS — District Judge Patrick N. Ford of DuBois presided over preliminary hearings and other proceedings Friday.
Guilty plea entered
The following defendants entered guilty pleas.
- Joseph M. Nedza, 45, Penfield, pleaded guilty to a summary charge of harassment. He must may a total of $267.25 in fines and costs. A misdemeanor count of assault was withdrawn.
- Jesse A. Irwin, 28, DuBois, pleaded guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia. He must pay $579.25 in fines and costs.
Case sent to court
Sufficient evidence to send the following case to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Monica Collins, 35, Edgewood, currently an inmate in the Jefferson County Jail, is charged by DuBois City Police with felony counts of theft by unlawful taking and forgery as a result of an incident which occurred on Oct. 22, 2017. Monetary bail was set at $10,000.
The following defendants waived their rights to preliminary hearings. Their cases will be sent to the Clearfield County Court of Common Pleas for further disposition.
- Michael Urban, 49, DuBois, who is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance and several traffic violations. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
- Matthew J. Shaffer, 35, DuBois, currently an inmate at the State Correctional Facility in Forest County, is charged with two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance and one misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia. Unsecured bail was set $1,000. He also waived his rights to a preliminary hearing on a felony charge of possession of prohibited firearm and two misdemeanor counts of intentional possession of a controlled substance by a person not registered. Unsecured bail was set at $1,000.
- Joseph M. Rivera, 30, DuBois, who is charged with a misdemeanor count of recklessly endangering another person. Unsecured bail was set at $10,000.
- Cole T. Johnson, 22, an inmate at the State Correctional Facility in Greene County, is charged with a felony counts of flight to avoid apprehension and fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, two misdemeanor counts of recklessly endangering another person, and seven summary counts of traffic-related charges. Monetary bail was set at $1,000.
Bench warrants were issued for the arrest of the following individuals.
- Patrick M. McGarvey, 56, DuBois, who is charged by DuBois City Police with a misdemeanor count of theft by unlawful taking.
- David Lynch, 49, DuBois, who is charged by Sandy Township Police with a misdemeanor count of writing a bad check.