A 42-year-old Sykesville man has been charged in connection with an assault on a woman at a Sandy Township convenience store in April of last year, according to a criminal complaint filed at District Judge Patrick Ford’s office in DuBois.

On April 2, Sandy Township police charged Jeremy David Sedor, 9 Park St., Sykesville, with a misdemeanor count of indecent assault and a summary count of harassment.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, the charges stem from an incident at 5:13 p.m. on April 27 at a store located on South Brady Street. Sedor held the door open for the victim when she entered the store and then approached her while she was in the store.

While the victim was at the ATM, Sedor allegedly asked her if she wanted to race. The victim replied, “Oh you saw my car” and he replied that he had. Then when the victim wend to the register to make a purchase, Sedor stood behind her and asked her if she remembered when he would see her at WalMart all of the time, the affidavit said. Not knowing what to say, she laughed and replied, “I don’t go there anymore much.”

The affidavit said Sedor continued talking to the victim while she was at the register. The victim told the police that she was confused or dumbfounded because she felt like she should know him and felt embarrassed that she didn’t recognize him. While inside the store, Sedor allegedly touched the victim’s back with his hand at least two times and inappropriately touched her.

The victim finished checking out and began to walk out of the store and Sedor allegedly also walked her out. The victim stared to feel nervous, the affidavit said. Sedor allegedly continued to talk to the victim and followed her to her car, where he started to make inappropriate comments as well as to touch her inappropriately again. She reportedly said she felt violated and shocked.

Sedor allegedly kissed the victim several times on the lips, even though the victim tried to move her head and face in the opposite direction so he could not kiss her, thinking he would recognize that she did not want him kissing her.

The affidavit said Sedor told her to take his phone number and she agreed to write it down. He told her that his name was Jeremy. She told police she took his number as a way to identify him later.

The victim stated that she was in such shock and fear that she started to sweat. She also tried to laugh her way out of the awkward situation. Sedor allegedly continued to make lewd comments and touch her inappropriately until she finally was able to get into her car and leave. She said she immediately called a friend because she was upset. When the victim told her friend that his first name was Jeremy, the friend realized her description sounded like it was Jeremy Sedor and sent the victim a text message with a newspaper article which included Sedor’s photo.

Police tried to contact Sedor with the phone number he gave the victim, but it did not work, reports say. Finally, they found that he was incarcerated at the Jefferson County Jail. The police said in December 2018 they left a message with Sedor’s father. Sedor stated that he could not meet with officers at the station because he was under house arrest. In early February, Sedor agreed to meet with them but then never appeared. Two more attempts reportedly were made by the police to contact Sedor, but he did not respond.

His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on May 3 at Ford’s office.

Recommended for you