NEW BETHLEHEM – The Redbank Valley Day of Giving Committee is currently accepting logo submissions for next year’s Day of Giving. which will be held on May 10, 2018.
The 2nd Annual Redbank Valley Day of Giving encourages members of the community to donate to recognized 501©3 charitable organizations to help support their missions in the community. To date, participating organizations may include Brandon’s Dad, Clarion County Fair Association, Distant and New Bethlehem fire departments, (Hawthorn Fire Department’s IRS application is pending), Redbank Renaissance (Garden Keepers, Redbank Valley Historical Society), Redbank Valley Public Library, Redbank Valley Church Association, Redbank Valley Community Center, Redbank Valley Education Foundation and Redbank Valley Trails Association.
Logo submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
• Logos should reflect the theme of giving to the community on the Day of Giving to support charitable organizations which do so much for the Redbank Valley community.
• The design must be submitted on white, 8.5-inch by 11-inch paper.
• The design must be original, meaning that it is not taken from another source.
• The logo must not be substantially similar to an existing logo of a participating charity or other recognizable charity.
• Contestants must reside, work or attend school within the Redbank Valley School District.
• Submissions should include the artist’s name, address, email and phone number with it or on the back of the entry.
The top three logos that best capture the theme will be posted for public viewing and online.
The logo winner will receive a cash prize of $50, and their name and logo will be recognized in the local newspaper and online.
The creator of the winning logo will be notified as soon as a decision is reached by the judges. Voting by the Redbank Valley Day of Giving Committee will take place on Dec. 8. All decisions made by the committee are final. The logo will become the property of the Redbank Valley Day of Giving Committee and may be modified for clarity, color, content and digital reproduction.
All submissions must be made no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1.
Submissions may be emailed to info@RedbankValley.org, hand delivered to the office of RedbankValley.org (aka TechReady Professionals), or mailed to: Redbank Valley Day of Giving, ATTN: Logo Committee, 311 Lafayette Street, New Bethlehem, PA 16242.
For more information, contact Sandy Mateer at (814) 275-1718 or Gordon Barrows at (814) 275-6714.